If you’re a professional looking to build an online portfolio or website, then you need your domain name to say exactly what you do, who you are, or what profession you’re in, while being SEO friendly, short, and memorable. If you’ve searched recently for your fantasy domain name in the .COM world, you know almost every relevant professional term domain name is either taken or priced too high. Before you start thinking up crazy solutions like weird misspellings (MadLawyerz.com?), nonsensical words (now you understand where “Google” came from), and strange actions (NinjaChopWebDesign.com), consider a new top level domain space with more availability. Consider .PW.
People use handheld devices to find professional services more than ever, and professional websites help establish credibility and trust online, where most people prefer to shop. As a professional, you can’t afford to lose any more time without an established and easy-to-find online presence. Luckily, .PW offers an affordable and available option you can take advantage of right now, before all the good names get snapped up.
What is .PW?
.PW is available right now, during the landrush period of its launch, when only a select number of domain registrars will be taking applications. Names, generic terms, industry-specific phrases – all of these domain types are available for less.
Why get a .PW now? Why can’t I wait?
- Exclusive landrush availability. The .PW landrush period only lasts through March 18, when registration costs will rise, and certain premium domains only available during landrush (see complete list here) will no longer be available.
- Affordable premium domain costs. Landrush fees are only $59, and include two years of registration. After landrush, the cost of registration goes up.
- Short and memorable domain names. Right now, there’s a lot of open space in the .PW world. Make sure you get your spot, with a domain name that says exactly what you need it to, without having to say too much.
- Domain name flexibility and Internationalized Domain Names. Two character ASCII, and one character international domain names in Chinese, Japanese, and Korean are available, as well as IDNs in multiple other languages.
- Security. UDRP, trademark friendly, and DNSSEC, etc. Zero tolerance for abuse.
What is “Landrush”?
Landrush is the second launch period of a TLD (top level domain). Landrush always follows the Sunrise period.
- During Sunrise, only trademark owners can register domains, while during landrush, anyone can register domains.
- The landrush period is usually a month-long, during which domain registrars, like us, offer low prices to encourage fast growth.
- After landrush, prices go up, registering domain names become more competitive, and the extension enters normal registration.
The Advantages of .PW:
- .PW is competitively priced, and backed by big name registrars, meaning it’s sure to be the next big thing in domains, and in a year of new gTLDs, this is the first one available.
- Anyone can register a .PW domain, and even though .PW is meant as a space for individuals and businesses to build an online presence, the registration is completely open and unrestricted to allow for easier registration and a streamlined process.
To take advantage of the landrush period, search for available names with our .PW landrush search tool. Thousands of personal names, business terms, and professional titles are still available. And because you’ll be registering during landrush, you’ll have a chance to apply for these names:*
*Available at the time this blog posted.