If you’re an American you know what today is: Election Day. And after a train wreck of an election season, you may be as sick of hearing about it as we are. To take your mind off things, we’ve put together 10 random, heartwarming facts that will make you feel a little better about life.
1. Squirrels fail to recover approximately 74% of the nuts they bury, resulting in thousands of new trees growing every year.
2. Norway knighted a Scottish king penguin named Sir Nils Olav in 2008, and he was recently promoted to Brigadier. You can watch the video below.
3. Space Jam‘s official website has not been changed since the movie’s release in 1996. And it’s epic.
4. Cows have best friends that they hang out with every day, and they get stressed if separated.
5. On April 18, 1930, BBC declared that there was no news for the day and played piano music during the evening news segment.
6. In parts of Northern Canada, a group of rabbits is called a fluffle.
7. The original voice actors for Mickey and Minnie Mouse were married in real life.
8. We’re all made out of stardust. Well, it’s actually a little more scientific than that, but that’s the gist of it.
9. Studies have proven that goats have accents.
10. A study conducted by Japanese researcher Hiroshi Nittonoby proved that cute animal pictures and videos can improve your productivity and mood.
Want more sometimes heartwarming, sometimes informative content delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up for our weekly blog digest.