It's a common misconception that WordPress is strictly a platform for personal and small business blogs. This is a misconception because a lot of big businesses and media outlets pick WordPress as their content management system, not just blogging platform. If you've been on fence about using Name.com's one-click WordPress installation tool, RapidPress, this list of 5 big websites that use WordPress could give you the final piece of mind to go with WordPress for your business or personal website.
- BBC America: "This giant WordPress Multisite install is the home for all the BBC America shows. Each site has its own child theme which is powered by the main framework."
- Quartz: "With their use of WordPress as a CMS, mobile-first design, JSON APIs, and more, Quartz is a great example of the innovation happening in the WordPress world."
- MSNBC TV: "Being billed as ”The Digital Place for Politics,” the central site is the place to get all the latest news from MSNBC news shows. Besides following a particular show’s news, you can follow “Issues” like Politics, Health, or Education across all their shows, or access “Voices” which groups all their opinion articles in one place. The site also integrates social media components into the WordPress site, like the MSNBC Facebook page and a Twitter stream consisting of Tweets from all the MSNBC show Twitter accounts."
- Variety: "Variety.com offers searchable archives, interactive box office charting, international box office grosses, a credits database, film and television production charts, in-depth industry calendar, and Variety reviews, some dating back to the 1914.Variety extended its brand with the launch of its state-of-the-art web site, Variety.com, in 1998. Variety‘s cyberspace home contains the entire contents of Daily Variety and Variety.Updated daily with content available the night prior to the print edition hitting the street, the web site is a must for those serious about staying on top of the industry.Snoop Dogg: Snoop Dogg’s site encompasses his entire online presence and seamlessly weaves in social media, video, music, and other multimedia for a content-rich experience for all his fans."
- Snoop Dogg: "Snoop Dogg’s site encompasses his entire online presence and seamlessly weaves in social media, video, music, and other multimedia for a content-rich experience for all his fans."
Source: WordPress Showcase