December deals: Happy HOLIDAZE from Name.com

Happy Chrismanakwanzadan (yes, that’s Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanza, Ramadan, and everything in between!)
As the year end approaches make sure you renew and register your domain names before the VeriSign price increase come January 2012 (sad, we know). Get on top of your game and take advantage of these deals to save even more:

Use the promotional code, ‘HOLIDAZE‘ at checkout and receive:

$8.75 .COM / .NET Registrations

We’re also running a special on .WS, the country-code top level domain for Somoa! .WS is great for domain hacks, brand protection, and expanding your business presence. No promo code required, our .WS promotion runs 12/1/2011 – 12/31/2011

.WS, $14.99 now just $7.50

.WS registrations are open to the general public.

Comments
Posted at 12:02 pm December 2, 2011
simple3x Lopez

Oh, its too expensive, I thought it would just only range from 6-7$ since its december.

Posted at 4:50 pm December 2, 2011
Anonymous

If you think about it big picture, it’s a small price to pay to get your slice of the internet! If you look across the board you’ll find we have extremely competitive pricing not to mention fabulous customer support. We’ll be here if you change your mind!

Posted at 7:46 pm December 2, 2011
Anonymous

Any renewal code for .org?

Posted at 11:50 pm December 2, 2011
Anonymous

Hey thanks for getting in touch – we ran a .org renewal last month, we do not have a renewal promo for this month.

Posted at 4:10 am December 3, 2011
Brian H

I am thinking about the big picture and all the domains I am renewing soon.

I have been buying and renewing my domains from Godaddy as they seem to be having consistent coupons for both new .com domains and renewals.

You offer no discount coupon on renewals this month so my better option is to transfer my name.com domains to another registrar for less $.

Do let us know if you change your mind and add better discounts for new domains and renewals.

Posted at 5:04 pm December 5, 2011
Anonymous

Hey Brian, thanks for your note. There is a possibility we’ll be running a renewal promo before the end of the month so keep your eyes out. We did just run COM/NET renewal for $8.00 last week, which was a pretty sweet deal!! As i mentioned earlier on this thread we consistently offer extremely competitive pricing but feel that the quality customer support as well as great overall experience (clean simple website, no obnoxious up sells), security, and awesome tools make it worth it to register your domains here, even if it costs an extra 99 cents.

Posted at 11:43 pm December 5, 2011
Anonymous

That’s a pretty good deal, Ima check that out. thanks Make Money Blogging

Posted at 12:57 pm December 6, 2011
Brian H

In reply to your “clean simple website’ statement; in the last three months or more, I have had more problems with your website and the search for domains.

Many, many times, I have had no results show up when searching for a domain and keep clicking SEARCH again and again. There was a time when the search text box required that I rewrite the whole domain name everytime even if I just wanted to add a “s” to make the domain plural. I have had the cart time out and all my domains are lost in the cart. I find no way to copy all the domains in the cart (without price and all the other text in the cart) to a simple text file for my use to expedite my final buying decision.

You don’t have the tools in your website to help people who search for many domains. I cannot copy all of the searched domains in the cart to a clean text file without all this added to each domain:

searcheddomain.com remove Registration 1 year(s) [ – / + ] Special: 3.99 / yr 9.99Add More TLD’s: org info net biz PageZen 5 Pages (Free Trial!) Unlimited Pages (Free Trial!) Add SEO Tutor FREE TRIAL to get found!.

Where is a simple copy to text of all the domains in the cart? You say your website is a clean simple site but its functionality says something other than that!

Where is the ERGONOMICS thinking at name.com when a full cart requires the weREMOVE unwanted domains, ONE AT A TIME? I get frustrated and just delete all of the cart and rewrite the ones I want to buy…..at another registrar!

Overall the search for domains on your “fancy graphic coded” search homepage causes MORE PROBLEMS than when you had a “simple” search home page as you did years ago.

Sales Lesson # 101: A confused or frustrated mind does not buy from where the confusion is caused!

The truth is Name.com has become more complicated to search for domains so I just use whois.ws to search for domains because it is fast. Then I decide where to buy the domains and each time I find that Name.com has a price that is higher than many other registrars.

You should create a loyalty program and drop the price of domains by how many domains someone has purchased or how many they keep renewed for 2 years plus at name.com.

That will get lots of sales and retention. But no. there is nothing creative at Name.com like that!

I am going elsewhere because your fancy coded search homepage and marketing sales tactics are not keeping my interest.

I will give credit to your support, they do get back by email within a day!

Posted at 5:01 pm December 6, 2011
Anonymous

Brian, we so appreciate the feedback! I have forwarded this on to our developers, we’ll look into creating an easy way to copy and paste domains to search. Would you mind letting us know what operating system you are using as well as what browser + version and internet connection? We’ll definitely look into the issue you mentioned about having the search button not work. We are aware of the no ’empty cart’ function, this will be coming on an updated version soon.
We do have a loyalty program called the ‘Investor’s Club.’ If you have 25 or more domains you qualify for special discounts that are emailed to you monthly. You can learn more here if you’re intersted: http://www.name.com/investor-club-signup
Again, sorry to hear about your frustrations we truly are trying to make our site as clean and easy to use as possible so feedback like this is extremely helpful. Thanks again for getting in touch.

Posted at 8:27 pm December 6, 2011
Brian H

Windows 7, Internet Explorer Ver. 9.0.3, or Opera 11.52.

Name.com does have an “Empty Cart” function. You do not have a check box for domains in the cart and REMOVE all domains that are checked function.

This is the first I heard of your CLUB. Hmmm! After briefly looking it over, the 10% discount is not enough of a motivator to optin into your club.

Thanks for your consideration to make some improvements.

Posted at 1:09 pm December 8, 2011
EasyFlashGames.com

hi i tried the promo code HOLIDAZE in the checkout to renew my domains but it is showing 0.00 savings?? the code isnt working?

Posted at 3:39 pm December 8, 2011
MD

Hi,

I would like to renew some of my domains, but would like to know if you will be offering a better price soon, for say “Boxing Week specials or New Year’s special?”

Can you please let me know when. Thanks!

Posted at 5:04 pm December 8, 2011
Anonymous

Hey thanks for getting in touch. The ‘HOLIDAZE’ coupon this month is for com/net new registrations only, we do not currently have a renewal promo.

Posted at 5:44 pm December 8, 2011
Anonymous

Hey, we just ran a huge renewals promo on Cyber Monday, i’m sorry you missed it :( There is a possibility we’ll be running another promo before the end of the month but nothing definitively there.

Posted at 2:00 am December 9, 2011
MD

Hmm,

What was the Cyber Monday special? I don’t remember getting an email about this…

Posted at 3:46 pm December 9, 2011
Anonymous

The cyber monday special was $8.00 com/net reg/renewals. We sent out an email to our entire customer base, have you opted out of our emails? If you give me your email address I can verify if the email went out to you.

Posted at 6:43 am December 14, 2011
Anonymous

dissapointing. ignoring exisitng renewals for the sake of luring new registrants eh?
and with so much good reviews and feedback, name.com domain price is getting more expensive, lesser competitive. is this a trick?

Posted at 3:49 pm December 14, 2011
Anonymous

Hey Pricklepants, there is no trick – we just ran an $8.00 com/net renewal promo less than a month ago, I am sorry you missed it. If you look across the board our prices are extremely competitive. Unfortunately since the com/net registry, VeriSign, has announced a price increase we have no choice but to raise our prices. Though we are super competitive on pricing we feel our awesome customer support, clean & easy website and customized tools would make up the difference anyhow.