Five Must-Have WordPress Plugins for Your Website
Category - Content Marketing
WordPress is an extremely popular website publishing platform, due in part to its user-friendly interface and thousands of plugin features. When you’re new to WordPress, the number of plugins can be overwhelming. They all seem useful, but which ones are the best? These five plugins are just a start, but they’re sure to enhance your website’s appearance and performance.
- Hello Bar – This plugin adds a simple line at the top or bottom of your website that you can customize with any message you wish. Many users use the Hello Bar to promote products, events, or specific blog posts. The Hello Bar also includes analytics you can use to determine the efficacy of your customized messages.
- WP Touch – More people every day are using their mobile devices to access the Internet. If your website isn’t optimized for mobile viewing, your bounce rate may increase. WP Touch instantly formats your website so that it looks fantastic on mobile devices.
- W3 Total Cache – The longer your website takes to load, the more visitors will abandon your page. W3 Total Cache helps your site load up to ten times faster so you can retain more visitors.
- The Slide – This plugin can help keep visitors on your site longer by suggesting additional material that may be of interest to them. The Slide uses an algorithm to identify content that is most relevant to each visitor based on their page view history. If you’ve ever read an article on the New York Times’ website and seen the “Recommended For You” box pop up in the lower right hand corner of the screen, you’ve seen this type of plugin in action.
- All in One SEO Pack – If you’re new to SEO tactics, this plugin makes it incredibly easy for you to get started. It automatically optimizes your post titles, generates meta tags and helps you to detect and eliminate duplicate content for improved search engine performance.
The longer you use WordPress, the more plugins you’ll discover. In the meantime, these five plugins will help you create an attractive, functional and engaging website sure to enhance your small business’ Internet presence.