Exactly one month ago, I decided to ditch our current social media scheduling platform, AgoraPulse, and went on a lengthy research journey to find the next social media hero. After days of googling and blog reading, I narrowed down my search to two options: MeetEdgar and HeyOrca—not just because of their cool names and cute logos—but for the exciting features and affordability. Both trials have ended and it’s now the moment of truth.
Let me start by reminding you that I was completely head over heels when I first discovered MeetEdgar and pictured a steady future with their scheduling platform. However, the love at first sight was too good to be true. As the trial started I began to find problem after problem while testing the platform. Not only is there no option for analytics reports, but it also lacks the ability to add more team members, which was one of the top functions I was looking for. Here’s the specific breakdown of what MeetEdgar did well and which areas it lacked in:
- Very affordable
- Content library was really cool, but hard to understand at first
- Super cute logo
- Bit.ly connection, with the ability to use your branded domain
- No analytics
- No one-on-one meetings to set up trial or walk through platform demos
- No ability to add other team members
- No info on pricing plans on site, other than the starter plan
- No post approval
- Customer Service takes forever. Their response time is “up to three hours,” which is not cool.
I’m personally invested in HeyOrca solely based on the amazing customer experience I encountered from the get-go. The representative scheduled multiple screen sharing meetings with me to guide me through platform features and followed up with emails asking about my experience. Their customer chat is almost instant and they reply with cute gifs, I mean who doesn’t love Leo?
But at the end of the day, even though the UI was so fresh and so clean, I really needed the ability to pull analytic reports and use branded short links. If you don’t need those two features, I would highly recommend HeyOrca. This was my overall experience with the platform:
- Clean crisp layout, awesome UI
- Very attentive employees to help walk you through the platform with one-on-one demos
- Unlimited amounts of contributing team members
- Shows you exactly what the post will look like in the social platform format
- Post approval and rejection as well as an audit-trail to track post changes
- Excellent blog content—I’m still subscribed to their emails
- Seriously AWESOME customer service
- No analytics. Rumor has it there will be analytics come next year
- You have you type in the time you want the post to go out. Suggestion: Add scrolling dropbox with times instead.
- No branded short links, creating double the amount of work by copy paste link from Bit.ly to HeyOrca (and no ability to use a branded domain)
So, what now? Even though I like to support underdogs, the time has come to test out one of the top social media scheduling platforms available—Hootsuite. They have all of the features that MeetEdgar and HeyOrca were lacking and so much more. I’ve just started the trial, but here are a few things I love so far:
- Branded short links
- Multiple logins
- Social streams to monitor/listen
- Calendars to view past scheduled and currently scheduled
- You can assign tasks to team members to respond to certain messages/posts
Stay tuned to hear if Hootsuite is my next social media hero.