Here at Name.com we like to think of domain transfers like square dances — it’s easy to get tripped up, but when you know the steps it’s simple and straightforward.
There are a few tips you can follow before you start your transfer to help ensure that the experience will be as smooth as the dance floor at a senior center…wait…well you get the idea. However, should something go wrong along the way, our support staff is always here to help.
The following should be verified before you initiate your domain transfer:
- The domain is unlocked.
- This is a setting you can access from within your account control panel that allows you to transfer out your domain.
- You have not registered the domain in the past 60 days.
- You have access to the administrative contact email for the domain.
- Your current registrar has no other reason to block the domain.
- Sometimes registrars will deny a transfer if you have updated your contact information within the past 60 days, or if you catch them on a bad day. 😉
We also have some information about these tips on our transfer page.
Currently transfers to Name.com are starting at just $7.75, and in addition to getting great tools and customer support, transferring to Name.com also renews your domain for an additional year, leaving a little extra money in your pocket at the same time.
Hopefully these steps will help you with your next transfer. If your next transfer happens to be to Name.com, we look forward to working with you!