If you have installed Google Authenticator, it's very important to generate backup codes. You can use the backup codes to access your account in the event that you cannot use your Google Authenticator device.
How to generate backup codes
- Log in to your Name.com account and click My Account.
- Click Account Settings, under My Dashboard in green.
- Click on Two-Step Verification, in the Security section
- Click on the button Show Backup Code, located on the right side.
- A list of usable codes will be generated for you to save and use in emergencies.
We recommend you print these codes: you can put them in your wallet, your desk, or in the pocket of your favorite Name.com hoodie.
Note: Each code can only be used once. Generating new codes will disable any existing backup codes.