Note: If you wish to setup a DNS record with Name.com, it's important to note you need to use our nameservers - so name.com manage and host your DNS. Domains registered with Name.com use our nameservers by default but in order to point your domain to our nameservers, or verify they are correctly pointed, please see our guide for default name servers.
Once you are using name servers, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your Name.com account.
- From the top menu, click the Domains tab, and select my domains list.
- Click on the domain name you wish to create an AAAA record for.
- Click DNS Records, on the left.
- Here you will add the desired AAAA record, provided by your host.Typically you would create 2 records - a naked record and for subdomains (including www):
First AAAA record:
- Select AAAA in the Type drop-down menu.
- Leave the Host field blank.
- Enter or copy+paste the IPv6 address into the Answer field.
- Leave TTL as 300 (default).
- Click the blue Add Record button.
Second AAAA record:
- Follow the same steps as in the first record, but in the Host field add a * symbol.
Once the records are created, the domain should be working within 24 hours.