If you have chosen G Suite to be your domains email service provider, there are just a few steps before you can use your new email!
- First, you need to purchase G Suite which can be done by clicking the PRODUCTS, located at the top, then select EMAIL
- Enter in the number of users you wish to buy and click Add Cart.
- Proceed to checkout and pay using your preferred method of payment
The next steps will be setting up G Suite.
- To locate your new G Suite product, click the green My Products button.
- Click the G Suite Tab and then the green button Setup now.
Select the domain you would like to use with G Suite. You may either select a domain from within your account using the drop down or manually enter a domain that is registered outside of name.com and click Next Step.
Note: You will need to be the current owner of this domain.
- Enter in your personal information and click Next Step.
Note: It's imperative that the alternative email address is valid and working.
- Enter in your email address and the password you wish to use and click COMPLETE SETUP.
If you have no MX records in place, it will add them automatically.
If you do have MX records in place, our system will pop up a window stating it wants to change your old MX records to G Suite records. Press OK to complete the process.
The next step is verifying your domain.
- Click on the Verify Now button on the G Suite Management Page.
This will bring you to the G Suite Admin Panel where you will need to log in the Admin account you have just created. Once logged in, please Accept Terms of Service.
Once you have accepted the terms of service you will proceed to the admin panel and Verify your domain.
Google is requiring the use of the manual insertion of your records. While it will detect name.com, you will select 'No'. It will then provide you with a drop-down to select your nameserver provider. If name.com is managing your nameservers, you will select 'Other' from the list, and be presented with adding a txt validation record.
Google is requiring the use of the manual insertion of your records. While it will detect name.com, you will select 'No'. It will then provide you with a drop-down to select your nameserver provider. If name.com is managing your nameservers, you will select 'Other' from the list, and be presented with adding a txt validation record. Leave this page open as you return to name.com in another tab to add this record.
You will copy the text provided and add it to your domain as a TXT record:
After this record has been saved, you will return to G Suite page you were just at and click 'Verify'. At the very bottom of the page, you retrieved your TXT record from. Please keep in mind propagation can take upwards of 15-30 minutes. So you may have to wait a moment before clicking 'Verify'.
Note: Once this record is added it may take up to 24-48 hours for full verification to propagate.
Congratulations! You are now set up with your G Suite Email!