Domains resolve on the internet using DNS. Think of DNS is like a phone book for the internet which helps directs domains their hosting destination.
If you make changes to your Nameservers and/or DNS then they will take time to propagate and are not instant. Because of the tremendous size of the internet, it simply takes time to push any changes.
This is perfectly normal and not just a limitation of Name.com - this affects all domains across all registrars on the internet.
Propagation can take upwards of 48 hours to complete and affects both websites and email. While there are no ways to speed things up, you can try and clear your cache and this may help you see the changes sooner. You can also try using a different browser or the incognito/private mode of your browser. Location is also a factor when it comes to propagation and seeing different behavior in different parts of the world is expected.
While propagation occurs you may see the following symptoms:
- The website is not resolving.
- The website is resolving to the previous version or host.
- The Website works intermittently
- The website work for some visitors in parts of the world, but not others.
- The website work in certain browsers, but not others.
- The website work on certain devices, but not others.
- Some emails are delivered, but not others.
- Emails will not be recieved for the domain, but you can still send.
A commonly used tool that helps provide information is WhatsMyDNS https://www.whatsmydns.net/
If 48 hours have passed, and you are not seeing any change then please submit a ticket for our support team. We are happy to assist!