It is very important to keep the contact information for your domain name current and valid. ICANN, the group that regulates domain names, considers the listed registrant to be the true owner of a domain name. You can update the Whois contact details of your domain names by following the instructions below:
- Log in to your Name.com account.
- Click on the MY DOMAINS button, located on the top right hand corner.
- Click the domain name you wish to update.
- Click Manage Contacts, located under the Registrant Contacts, under the Domain Details.
- Update the information you wish to change.
- If you wish to make all the contact information the same across all tabs, please check the box and click the Update button at the bottom of the screen.
- A pop-up window will appear with a verification prompt and 60-day transfer lock opt out option. You'll also need to select if you want to verify the change via email or phone.
Email - You'll receive an email with the verification code in plain text. The email is sent immediately so it should arrive within seconds or minutes.
Telephone Call - After you select your preferred language, you will receive a phone call within seconds. An automated message will provide a 4 digit verification code which you'll enter in the provided text box, illustrated below.
Note: The code will be repeated once and if you miss the call you will have to start over from the beginning.
On the pop up window, there is also a checkbox (see below) giving you the option to opt out of the 60-day transfer lock. If you leave this box unchecked, your domain will be locked from transferring for 60 days. Check the box to opt out of the lock. For more information regarding the 60-day lock, please click here and for ICANN's transfer policy, click here.
- Email - You'll receive an email with the verification code in plain text. The email is sent immediately so it should arrive within seconds or minutes.
Note: If you have Whois privacy protection turned on, a Whois search will not show the updated contacts.