Namebuilder and Unbelievable hosting allows you to host multiple domains on the same hosting. The hosting is tied to one domain, and then you add on the additional domains as addon domains. Below are the instructions to add additional domain names to your hosting package:
- Log into your hosting cPanel.
- Click on Addon Domains, located under the Domains section.
- Enter in the domain in the New Domain Name section.
- Once the domain is entered, click The Subdomain field and Document Root (usually public_html/domain.com) will automatically fill in. Check "Create an FTP account associated with this Addon Domain." if you want an FTP added. The FTP account would only have access to that specific Addon domain and nothing more.
- Click Add Domain.
Once this is done we also need to add the DNS records. You can do this at a later time if you wish but please not that the Addon domain will not connect or work until the DNS is added. In order to add the DNS, do the following
- Go back to the Web Hosting Dashboard page of the Name.com account. Your Addon domains will be synced automatically, but you may need to refresh the page.
- Select your Addon domain from the dropdown in the DNS Management section
- Click the DNS Templates button. The Hosting template will be selected by default.
- Click the Confirm button to add the DNS records.
If you intend to use/add email, then please repeat step 3-4 but select "Hosting Email" in the drop-down instead.
For more in-depth instructions for pointing the domain, please click here.
Please Note: Startup accounts only has 1 domain, so this will not work with this type of package. If you want additional domains added to the hosting you first have to upgrade.