If you purchase an SSL certificate with Name.com, and your site is not hosted with us, you can follow the instructions below to generate the certificate:
- Log into your Name.com account and click My Account.
- Click my products in green.
- Select SSL Certificate and click Setup Now.
- Select the sub-domain you want to secure and the domain name in their respective fields. The sub-domain would be the third level i.e. for secure.domain.com the sub-domain would be "secure".
- Click Next Step and enter the contact information.
- The Approval Email Address will be pre-populated and you will enter the rest of your contact information manually.
- Your hosting provider will need to generate a CSR (Certificate Signing Request) for you. Copy and paste the CSR code (including the --BEGIN CERTIFICATE-- and --END CERTIFICATE-- text) into the CSR field.
- Click Next Step to move onto Validate Your Domain.
- On this page you need to make sure Email Validation is selected. If it is not, click Switch to Email Validation.
- Click Send Email and the validation email will be sent to the Technical Contact of the domain name. That email will contain a link you need to click on to validate domain ownership. Once you click on the link, Geotrust will email the CRT to that address.
Your hosting provider will need to assist you with installing the SSL certificate on their servers. For more information, please go here.