If you need to redirect multiple domain names to the same URL, our bulk tool offers an easy way to do this for you. To set this up, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Name.com account and click Domains on the left, and then my domains on the right.
- Check the box to the left of each domain name you want to add forwarding to.
- Click the blue Bulk Actions button at the top and select Enable URL Forwarding.
- Fill out the fields:
- Subdomain - This can be a wildcard (*) or the specific subdomain you wish to forward. Example: test.knowledgebase.ninja. Usually, you want to leave this blank, in which case it will forward both the bare and all subdomains.
- Type - Redirect and Masked. You'll see some information regarding the difference between these styles of URL forwarding if you hover over the blue symbol next to the Type field.
- Forwards To - This is the destination you'd like to forward traffic to for the specific subdomain. We've placed the http:// specifier in the field for you by default, but you should make sure this is present for your URL forward to function properly.
- Page title - This is a completely optional field. This will allow you to set the title displayed in the browser.
One trick for adding forwards in bulk is that you can use the %DOMAIN% function to dynamically insert the domain name you are adding the record to into certain fields. For example, if you had the domain names knowledgebase.ninja and knowledgebase.rocks, and you wanted people visiting that domain to be redirected to https://www.name.com/domain/search-1-3/?keyword=knowledgebase.ninja and https://www.name.com/domain/search-1-3/?keyword=knowledgebase.rocks respectively, then in the Forwards to field you could put in https://www.name.com/domain/search-1-3/?keyword=%DOMAIN%. The %DOMAIN% part would then change to the domain name that the record is being added to, and so both domains would redirect correctly.