The .mx registry is a bit different than many registries, and will not allow the registration of a .mx domain name to go through unless they can verify the address. For some reason, the registry sometimes have difficulty verifying some states within Mexico. In those cases, you will need to change the contact details on your account to California, USA instead. Please complete the order, then you can correct the detail information. To make the changes, follow these steps:
- Log into your Name.com account and click My Account.
- Click Account Contacts under the my dashboard heading.
- Review your address and make sure it is accurate. A great way of doing this is with the help of google maps. With the help of Google you can help format the address and make sure it correctly shows up. It may even be appropriate to entirely use the address Google suggests.
- Check the box for Make all contact information the same as Registrant and then click Update.
- A window will pop up, asking for a verification code. Please select a verification method (Email or Text Message), then click Get Verification Code. Do not close this window.
- Get the verification code and then enter it into the pop-up window. Click Verify.
Once the order goes through, you can correct your account contact details following the same steps.