If you have hosting with us, luckily our system will do most of the setup for you. To start the process, please follow these steps:
- Log into your Name.com account and click on My Account.
- Click on my products, and then click on the SSL Certificates tab if you have multiple types of products.
- Click on the green Setup Now button next to the one you need to set up.
- Put in the domain name you want to secure, along with the subdomain if relevant. If you want to secure the main site, you should put www in the subdomain field. Then click Next Step.
- Enter your contact information and click Next Step.
- Here it will show you the DNS records that need to be added to your domain to validate it. Add these, and then try to validate the domain. If the DNS record validation doesn’t work, you can switch to email validation but be aware that you can’t switch back.
After doing this, the system should automatically install the certificate in your hosting. Once that is done, you will be able to put https before the site name and it will load correctly.