Transferring domain names to Name.com is easy! Before transferring a domain name, the following requirements will need to be met:
- The domain name must have been registered at least 60 days ago.
- The domain name cannot have been transferred within the last 60 days.
- The domain name must be unlocked at the current registrar.
- The Whois Privacy must be disabled for the approval email to be sent to the true administrative email address on the domain name. You can check to see which administrative email address is populating by performing a Whois lookup on the domain name. Contact your current registrar to update the administrative email address and/or disable the Whois Privacy.
- You will need to get the domain name's authorization/EPP code from the current registrar.
If the domain name is eligible for transfer, please follow the instructions below to initiate the transfer:
- Log into your Name.com account, click Domains and then click Transfers.
- Enter the domain and authorization code into the correct fields then click the Add to Cart button.
Note: You can transfer multiple domains by clicking the Bulk Transfer link.
- This will add the transfer to your shopping cart, where you can review and proceed to checkout.
- After the transfer request is submitted, the transfer will take 5 to 7 days to complete.
Note: If you want to expedite the transfer, you will need to contact the losing registrar and ask they approve the transfer. Unfortunately, we do not have the power on our end to expedite incoming transfers.