You can add subdomains to your account through your hosting. These are great if you want different pages on different subdomains, such as a blog or store page. To add subdomains:
- Log into your Name.com account and click Account at the top of the screen. Then click the My Web Hosting link to the left.
- Click the cPanel Login button in the upper right of the page.
- In cPanel, click Subdomains under Domains.
- Enter the subdomain and select the main domain from the drop down. Leave the Document Root as it is. Click Create.
Anything you add to the folder in the document root will load on that subdomain. You may also need to make DNS records to point the subdomain to our hosting if you have not already added them. To do so:
- Go to your Web Hosting Dashboard (the steps to get there are outlined in the first set of instructions above).
- Underneath DNS Management you will see a drop-down menu labeled Currently managing. Click the dropdown and select the domain name you just added.
- You will need to add a new A record, so select A as the record type in the dropdown.
- Type the sub part of the domain name in the Host section and the IP address (you can find this higher on the page) in the Answer section and click Add Record.
Doing this will add the necessary DNS records and the domains should be resolving properly to your web sites within 24 hours (assuming you have content uploaded to the server).