Some TLDs have special requirements before you can use the domain; one of these TLDs is .XXX. If the .XXX domain name is not working, it may mean you have not verified that you are part of the adult community through the registry.
A sponsored community Membership Token is required to activate .XXX domain names. Members of the adult industry (also known as the sponsored community) must follow the steps in the "ICM Member Account Setup" email sent by email@example.com. A Membership Token will be provided once the account has been created. Enter the Membership Token into your Name.com account to activate the domain names. Further details regarding the confirmation process are available at their site.
If you have the token, here are the steps for entering it at Name.com:
- Log in to your Name.com account.
- Click on the MY DOMAINS button, located on the top right hand corner.
- Click on the domain you wish to manage.
- On the left side of the screen, select Manage XXX Membership.
- Enter the token and press the Add button.
No additional steps are required if you are not part of the adult community and have registered a domain name to prevent it from resolving to protect your intellectual property.