The .com and .net registries now let us sync the expiration dates of the domain names to another date. To do so, follow these steps:
- Log into you Name.com account.
- From the top menu, click the My account tab, and select sync expiration date.
- Enter the date you would like to sync the expiration date to. Make sure to leave the Also Sync Whois Privacy option checked.
- Check the box to the left of the domain names you would like to sync.
- Click the green Checkout button. This will bring you to your cart to pay for the pro-rated amount.
Please note, there are a couple of rules:
- The sync can only be done for a date beyond the current expiration date. So if the current expiration date is January 2, 2015, then the sync date cannot be January 1, 2015.
- The registries only allow one sync per renewal. So if you sync the date, you will not be able to do so again until after you renew the domain for at least another full year.