The up-and-coming domain for tech websites and startups
.io Domain Names
.IO is a trendy and fast-growing domain in the startup world. A .IO domain extension is also the ccTLD (country code top level domain) and the internet country code for British Indian Ocean Territory. Tech companies, startups and even personal websites are using this extension more frequently to help set themselves apart from their competitors.
Why buy a .io domain?
- .IO is a popular domain extension amongst startups and tech websites.
- .IO can be used to substitute for the acronym i/o, or input/output.
- .IO websites are more available so it’s easier to find your exact match.
- Google treats .IO web domains as generic top-level domains, meaning your site should show up in organic searches without being affected by geo-targeting.
- .IO domains help with branding and forming connections to tech-related user bases.
About .IO domain names
A great majority of the domains registered under the .IO ccTLD are foreign language sites. Additionally, a .IO top-level domain name presents a great opportunity for local and international companies wanting to represent their business in the British Indian Ocean Territory. Local domain names give your company a professional image, which demonstrates proof of your commitment to local customers. By targeting this local market, you can maximize your company's revenues.