To setup a Minecraft server, you almost always need two DNS records: an A record and a SRV record. To add these DNS records, follow these steps:
How to set up DNS records for Minecraft
- Log in to your Name.com account.
- Click on the MY DOMAINS link, located on the top right of the navigation.
- Click the domain name you would like to manage.
- Click Manage DNS Records, in the DNS column.
- For the A Record, leave the drop-down menu under Type as A, in the Host type in in your subdomain (i,e mc), and copy and paste your IP address into the answer field. Then click the blue Add Record button.
- For the SRV Record, select SRV in the drop-down menu under Type. The enter the following for the fields:
PROTOCOL: tcp.subdomain (i.e tcp.mc)
PORT: your server port (default is 25565)
TARGET: subdomain.domain.com (i.e mc.sunk500.com)
Click ADD RECORD and it should look like the illustration below:
That's it! It should work once propagation is complete (most likely within the hour, 24 hours at the very longest).