There are several ways to migrate emails from one account to another. One of the easiest ways is to use Roundcube to import the emails. Follow these steps to do so.
How to migrate your emails with Roudcube
First, you will need to export the emails from your old email provider. Since every email provider is different, you will need to ask them for instructions on creating the .mbox or .eml file. Once you have the backup, you can upload it into your new email account by following these steps:
- Log into your cPanel.
- Click Email Accounts under the Email section.
- Next to your intended email address, click Check Email box.
- Click Open under the Roundcube webmail client.
- Once you are in Roudcube webmail client, click the More... button at the top right
- Click Import option in the drop-down.
Note: The email file has to be in .mbox or .eml format. If it is .zip, you will need to unzip it first.
All the emails should now be accessible from within your hosted email account.