An example of a ANAME record (pointing to Heroku):
Note: If you wish to setup a DNS record with Name.com, it's important to note you need to use our nameservers - so name.com manage and host your DNS. Domains registered with Name.com use our nameservers by default but in order to point your domain to our nameservers, or verify they are correctly pointed, please see our guide for default name servers.
Once you are using name servers, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your Name.com account.
- Click on the MY DOMAINS link, located on the top right of the navigation.
- Click on the domain name you wish to create a ANAME record for.
- Click Manage DNS Records, in the Domain Details section.
- Here you will add the desired ANAME record, provided by your host.
- Select ANAME in the Type drop-down menu.
- Enter the subdomain in the Host field (usually www).
- Enter the domain/value in the Answer field.
- Enter the desired TTL, or just leave it at 300 (default)
- Click the Add Record button.
- Once the records are created, the domain should be working within 24 hours.