You can transfer domain names between accounts at Name.com. This can be used to delegate ownership with a sub-account or to transfer ownership of the domain name to a third party. You'll need to know the domain name you'd like to transfer from your account and the receiver’s account code before you begin. Here are the steps:
- Click on the MY DOMAINS button, located in the top right-hand corner.Log in to your Name.com account.
- Click the domain name you wish to transfer.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to find the Advanced options. Click Account Transfer.
- Copy the account code of the account you are transferring to and paste it into the Account Code field.
- Under Options, select if you would like to change the domain contacts or not.
- Click Transfer Domain.
How to bulk transfer domains internally
- Log in to your Name.com account.
- Click on the MY DOMAINS button, located in the top right-hand corner.
- Check the box next to each domain you would like to transfer. Each domain will populate in the Bulk Actions Transfer box.
- Click Bulk Tools blue button, then click Account Transfers on the top menu bar.
- If you are transferring to a subaccount, simply select one from the dropdown. If not, click Use Account Code and copy the account code of the account you are transferring to and paste it into the Account Code field.
- Select if you would like to change the domain contacts or not.
- Click Transfer Domains.
Note: Please be sure you have the right code before you initiate the transfer because we cannot move the domain name back into your account if it ends up in the wrong account.
Note: If you want to create a new Name.com account (that is not a sub-account), click Login on the top right of the Name.com homepage and click "Create a new account."