Renewing a domain name
Last Updated: September 21, 2023
Domains need to be renewed regularly if you want to continue using it for your website or if you want to keep it in your portfolio. You can renew a domain for a minimum of 1 year and up to a maximum of 10 (you cannot exceed 10 years). You can find how much domain renewal prices are by going to: name.com/pricing
How to renew a domain name
- Log in to your Name.com account.
- Click on the MY DOMAINS link, located on the top right of the navigation.
- On this page is a list of all the domains in your account. Click the Renew Domain button to the right of the domain names you would like to renew.
- Either click the Checkout-button or the Cart on the top right of the page to proceed to the Checkout Page.
- Select a method of payment and follow the instructions to complete your renewal transaction by clicking Complete Order.
If a domain name is not renewed it will disappear from the account. However, if you accidentally let a domain name expire that you really want to keep, we may be able to restore it for you.