Senior Software Engineer – Full Stack, Denver CO
This opportunity is with Name.com, a domain name registrar / hosting services company and wholly-owned subsidiary of Donuts Inc. Name.com has an outstanding reputation in our industry. We've got a casual, close-knit, team-oriented workplace filled with funny, intelligent, and dedicated people. We work and play in Denver, Colorado.
Our parent, Donuts Inc., is a leading global domain name registry for new top-level Internet domain extensions. Donuts offers businesses, individuals and organizations new ways to brand and unify their online identities, in multiple languages and character sets. Donuts offers 238 new high-quality, top-level domains, including .email, .guru, .social, .business, .life, .restaurant, and many more. Donuts domains provide extensive variety to anyone wishing to enhance their brands online. Donuts Inc. is privately held, and has strong backing from Adams Street Partners, Austin Ventures, Emergence Capital and TL Ventures.
This is an exciting time to join the Name.com team. As we help build the new Internet, we are hiring smart people who get things done. Read on to find out what makes us tick and how you can be part of the team that’s making it happen.
What Donuts is about
Donuts Inc. is helping individuals and organizations manage and enhance their online identities with new domain names. What’s a domain, you ask? The Top-Level Domain (TLD) is the part of a web address that’s to the right of the dot. Millions of new web addresses are registered each year, and now, with the advent of new TLDs such as .games, .live, .social, .lawyer and over 200 others, people and businesses have a variety of choices to make their web addresses be more memorable and meaningful.
What this role is about
In this role, you will work closely with a small team of software and system engineers to build and scale functionality and services at name.com. We’re looking for an ambitious senior software engineer interested in full stack development. New features and functionality will be seen by hundreds of thousands of users in growing environment.
What you’ll do if chosen for this role
- Help drive and implement architectural best practices across the codebase
- Work closely with a small team of engineers and PMs to expand functionality on the name.com website and services
- Develop reusable and scalable libraries and services
- Challenge, mentor and learn from your peers
- Write code using an MVC framework and ORM
- Write code that is easily extended and scales well
- Work on both front and back-end code and also database design
- Work in an agile environment with frequent deployments
What we’d like to see in your experience
- BS (or greater) in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience developing software
- Great foundation in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Great architecture skills
- Good understanding of databases (MySQL experience a plus)
- Display comfort on the Linux command line
- Self-motivated and team oriented
- Desire to understand and maintain web applications end-to-end
- Understanding of DNS, HTTP, SSL, and Version Control
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.