This opportunity is with one of the Donuts Inc. key brands, Name.com, a domain name registrar and hosting services company. Name.com prides themselves on providing the best customer experience in our industry. We've got a casual, close-knit, team-oriented workplace filled with funny, intelligent, and dedicated people. We work and play in Denver, CO. We’re looking for someone to provide excellent customer service to our customers.
What this role is about
As a Customer Service Representative at Name.com, A Donuts Inc. business, you will be delivering worldclass customer service to our awesome customers. We are always looking for the best people in the industry to focus on our customers’ needs and achieve our high customer satisfaction goals.
Customer Service Representatives are responsible for assisting customers on a wide range of topics including payments and billing, product features, and technical support. Representatives are dedicated to resolving customer’s inquiries accurately and efficiently, which ensures customers are 100% satisfied with our products and services they have chosen. We have a fun and energetic workplace and look forward to seeing what you can add to that!
What you’ll do if chosen for this role
- Work whichever shift is needed at the time for the team and company. We are currently hiring for a 5:30am 2pm Monday Friday shift for the next several months. Later this year we will be expanding our hours and are looking to fill a 1am 930am (week days are TBD) that will be remotely working from home.
- Work efficiently and cohesively in a small team and fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate a flexible and adaptable mindset during the steep initial learning curve
- Respond to customers through written form using online support system
- Maintain excellent verbal and written skills to effectively communicate with customers
- Perform qualifying customer research for possible upsell opportunities via both phone and tickets
- Keep up to date by accessing internal development sites and reading internal emails
- Reproduce and report all system issues using internal bug tracking software
- Daily customer followup to tickets and emails
- Respond promptly to customer inquiries
- Record details of customer service actions taken in internal log system
- Customer Care duties include assisting with accounting discrepancies, customer complaints and inquiries, and troubleshooting
- Maintain knowledgeable and efficient responses through telephone calls, chats and tickets
- Ability to provide appropriate level of instructions to customers with limited technical knowledge
- Meet expected minimum metrics of 65 new contacts per shift (telephone calls, chats and tickets combined)
- Technical troubleshooting will include issues such as POP3, FTP, HTML and DNS
- Be punctual for assigned shift and company events
- As we expand our coverage, your designated shift may likely be scheduled to accommodate our growing customer base overseas.
What we’d like to see in your experience
- Minimum 1 year of technical support or customer service experience in a customer-facing role required, providing either retail, phone, email or chat customer support
- Excellent telephone and written correspondence required
- Excellent problem solving, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong work ethic, great attendance and punctuality
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills with a consistent bias for action
- Experience showing patience when assisting upset customers
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Strong team player who collaborates well with others
- Demonstrates diligence in following business processes
- Strong drive for challenging the status quo to innovate and improve the customer experience and company products
Hard skills we would like to see
- Troubleshooting skills with email programs and various browsers
- Website development and coding (e.g., HTML/PHP/ASP)
- Domain Name, Web Hosting, ISP industry
- DNS troubleshooting
Helpful knowledge/experience, but not a prerequisite
- Account Management, Customer on-boarding and retention
- Hosted training or certification
- Policy enforcement or development
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.