When you purchase a hosting plan through us, our system will automatically add the correct hosting DNS records. But if you're adding an existing domain name to hosting, you will need to add the records manually. To add the records, follow these steps:
How to point a domain to your hosting plan
- Log in to your Name.com account.
- Click on the ACCOUNT tab, located at the top, select MY PRODUCTS, then click Web Hosting.
- Scroll to the drop-down menu under DNS Management.
- Select the correct domain name in the Currently managing drop-down menu.
- Click the blue DNS Templates button.
- Select Hosting from the drop-down menu that appears and then click Confirm.
If the domain name is hosted with us, but the domain name is not registered at Name.com, you will need to go to your domain registrar and ask them to switch to our name servers. Our name servers are:
Note: If you add a domain name to your hosting plan but it does not appear in the Currently managing drop-down, it is registered in another Name.com account. You will either need to move the domain name to the same account as hosting or add the hosting DNS template through the Name.com account it is registered on.