Domain Lock Plus adds a significant layer of security to your domains by restricting the ability to transfer them or make changes to their contact information when the lock is in place. Please note that Two-Step Verification must be set up in the account before this feature can be initiated.
Domain Lock Plus adds the following security measures when enabled:
- Disables the ability to internally transfer a domain between Name.com accounts.
- Prevents Whois Privacy from being toggled on/off.
- Disables the ability to transfer a domain externally, to another registrar.
- Prevents changes to the domain's contact information (and therefore Whois records).
- Prevents changes to the domain's nameservers.
How to enable Domain Lock Plus on your domain
To enable Domain Lock please take the following steps:
- Log in to your Name.com account
- Click on the MY DOMAINS button, located on the top right hand corner.
- Click on the domain you wish to enable the domain lock for.
- On the menu on the left, click Advanced Security.
- If you correctly purchased the product and set up Two-Step Verification you should see a symbol indicating the feature is disabled (see image below). Click Turn on, to enable the feature.
- A notification on the bottom with a green check mark should indicate that the update was successful and the lock will change to green and display Enabled (see image below).