File sharing allows you to share files outside of email. The largest file attachment you can send in your email is 25 MB. Using file sharing, you can share or store a backup copy of files larger than 25 MB. This tutorial provides an overview of the file storage feature.
Important: Files uploaded to Webmail count against your mail storage quota. If your email account has a 2 GB quota and you upload a 1 GB file, that leaves 1 GB of free storage quota for your email messages. Also, there is a 2GB download limit for shared files in any 24 hours - if you share a 500MB file and it is viewed four times, it cannot be viewed again for 24 hours.
To access your file storage, click Files in the Webmail header.
You can save up to 25000 files in the Files section, with up to 1000 files in any one folder.
Once a file is uploaded, you can share it with others by sending them a link to the file.
To upload a file
- Click Files.
- Select the folder where you want to store the file. If you don't select a folder, the file will be stored at the top level, also known as the root.
- Click the upload icon.
- Browse to the file that you want to upload, select it, and then click Open.
- The selected file is uploaded to the folder that you chose in step 2.
Note: Large files may take a few minutes to upload.
- In the Files section, click New, and then click Folder.
- In the text box, type a name for the new folder and press the Enter key.
- Your new folder is displayed in your Files list.
- Mouse over the file that you want to share, and click Share.
- Click to put a check in the Share link box.
- The box expands to display a link for the file.
- Highlight and copy this link.
You can now use the link to share the file over email, instant messenger, social networking, and so on.
If you want to email the link to a single address without having to copy it and then paste it into an email message, you can enter an email address in the Email link to person text file and click Send.
You can also put a check in the Set expiration date and choose the date when the link will stop working. When you click anywhere in the field, a calendar appears that allows you to choose the expiry date.