If you already have web hosting with Name.com, congrats, our system will do most of the setup process for you! Here's how you get started:
- Log in to your Name.com account.
- Click on the ACCOUNT tab, located at the top, and select MY PRODUCTS.
- Click on the SSL certificates tab if you have multiple types of products.
- Click on the green Setup Now button next to the SSL certificate you need to set up.
- Put in the domain name you want to secure, along with the subdomain if relevant. If you want to secure the main site, you should put www in the subdomain field. Then click Next Step.
- Enter your contact information and click Next Step.
- Here, you'll see the DNS records that need to be added to your domain to validate it. Add these, and then try to validate the domain. If the DNS record validation doesn’t work, you can switch to email validation, but be aware that you can’t switch back once you choose to validate by email.
Note: Sometimes the SSL page can take 10-15 second to load, please be patient and it will show.
After doing this, the system should automatically install the SSL certificate in your hosting. Once that is done, you will be able to put https before the site name and it will load correctly.