Name.com recently released our version 4 of the API. As a part of this we made the signup process easier and the documentation more readily available.
How to sign up for API access:
- Log in to your Name.com account.
- Scroll down to the footer, click Name.com API for Resellers, located under the Professionals title.
- Click the blue button Create API Token.
- Read the Name.com API Access Agreement, and if you agree click I Agree.
- You can now generate your token. Enter a name for your token in the text field and click Generate new token.
- Your token is now generated. The Production token is listed on the top and the Development/Test Environment is listed on the bottom section.
- (Optional) If you wish to create additional tokens, please enter a name in the textbox on the right hand side and click Generate new token.
- (Optional) If you want to limit the API access to certain IP's, please scroll down to the bottom of the page and on the right-hand side enter an IP address in the textbox on the right hand side and click Whitelist IP.
You can check out our API documentation at name.com/api-docs.
If you need support please fill out our API support form.