To setup a Minecraft server, you almost always need two DNS records: an A record and a SRV record. To add these DNS records, follow these steps:
How to set up DNS records for Minecraft
- Log into your Name.com account and click My Account.
- Click My Domains on the left in green.
- Click the domain name you would like to manage.
- Click DNS Records on the left.
- For the A Record, leave the drop-down menu under Type as A, leave the Host field blank, and copy and paste your IP address into the answer field. Then click the blue Add Record button.
- For the SRV Record, select SRV in the drop-down menu under Type. For the rest of the fields, you will need to contact your server provider for the information needed for the Service, Protocol, Weight, Port, Target, Priority, and TTL fields.
Once you have added both these records, the server should start working shortly.
Note: You cannot create an A Record with the port number; it can only contain the IP address.