A Records are what point your domain to your website hosting. The first thing you’ll need to do to add an A Record is to make sure that you are using Name.com's default nameservers (which point computers looking for your DNS records to where they need to go.). Once you are on our nameservers, follow the steps below:
- Log into your Name.com account.
- From the top menu, click the Domains tab, and select My domains list.
- Click on the domain name you wish to create an A record for.
- Click DNS Records on the left.
- Here, you will add the desired A record, typically supplied by your website provider or host. If you were provided an IP address then you would typically create two A records:
Leave the drop-down menu Type as A, leave the Host field blank, and then copy and paste the IP address into the answer field. Then click the blue Add Record button.
First A record
Second A recordFollow the same steps as in the first record, but in the Host field add a * symbol.
Once the records are created, the domain should be pointing to the web server within 24 hours.