How to access or delete a sub account
Last Updated: July 14, 2022
Once you create a sub account, you want to be able to access it to help manage the products within. You can do so anytime from the parent account by following these steps.
Accessing and deleting a sub account
- Log in to your Name.com account.
- Click on the ACCOUNT icon, located at the top, select PROFILE and then select ACCOUNT SETTINGS.
- Click on Sub Accounts, in the Security section.
- Under Current Sub Accounts, click Login next to the account you want to access.
- If you wish to delete a sub-account, simply click Remove. Removing a sub account will leave the sub account intact and the sub account will now be an independent account.
Note: At this time, you are not able to go back to the parent account after accessing a sub account. You will have to log out of the sub account, then log into the parent account again.