An example of an SPF record:
Note: If you wish to setup a DNS record with Name.com, it's important to note you need to use our nameservers - so name.com manage and host your DNS. Domains registered with Name.com use our nameservers by default but in order to point your domain to our nameservers, or verify they are correctly pointed, please see our guide for default name servers.
Once you are using name servers, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your Name.com account.
- Click on the MY DOMAINS button, located on the top right hand corner.
- Click on the domain name you wish to create an SPF record for.
- Click Manage DNS Records, in the DNS column.
- Here you will add the desired SPF record, provided by your host.
- Select TXT in the Type drop-down menu.
- If provided a subdomain or host, enter it in the Host field.
- Enter or copy+paste the value (string) into the Answer field.
- Leave TTL as 300 (default)
- Click the Add Record button.
Once the records are created, it should be working within 24 hours.
To see the specific SPF records for email products, see these help articles: