Refunding an SSL certificate
Last Updated: November 30, 2023
Refunding a certificate is appropriate if you no longer wish to use it or if you want to change the domain for the certificate. We can only process refunds within 30 days of the purchase date. If you're outside the 30 days, we can still cancel and remove - but not return any funds. Here are the steps:
1. Log in to your name.com account.
2. Click on the User icon (), located at the top right, open the drop down menu, and click Billing.
3. On the left-hand side, click Order History under BILLING.
4. Find the order you want to refund and click the corresponding Order ID link.
5. Click the button Request a refund located at the bottom.
6. Choose the items you would like refunded and check the two boxes.
7. Click Request Refund to submit.
Note: Only items eligible for a refund will show the Request a refund button on the order details page. Review our Refund Policy here for more details on what items are eligible for a refund.