Name.com recently released our version 4 of the API. As a part of this we mad the signup process easier and the documentation more readily available.
How to sign up for API access:
- Log in to your Name.com account.
- From the top menu, click the My Account tab, and select Name.com API.
- Click the blue button Create API Token.
- Read the Name.com API Access Agreement, and if you agree click I Agree.
- You can now generate your token. Enter a name for your token in the text field and click Generate new token.
- Your token is now generated. The Production token is listed on the top and the Development/Test Environment is listed on the bottom section.
- (Optional) If you wish to create additional tokens, please enter a name in the textbox on the right hand side and click Generate new token.
- (Optional) If you want to limit the API access to certain IP's, please scroll down to the bottom of the page and on the right hand side enter an IP address in the textbox on the right hand side and click Whitelist IP.
You can check out our API documentation here.
If you need support please fill out our API support form.