Signing up for API access
Last Updated: December 06, 2023
Name.com has released version 4 of the API. As a part of this we made the signup process easier and the documentation more readily available.
How to sign up for API access:
- Log in to your Name.com account.
- Click on the User icon (), located at the top right, open the drop-down menu, and click Settings.
- Click API Tokens under Security.
- Click the Create API Token.
- Read the Name.com API Access Agreement, and if you agree click I Agree.
- You can now generate your token. Enter a name for your token in the text field and click Generate new token.
- Your token is now generated. The Production token is listed on the top and the Development/Test Environment is listed on the bottom section.
- (Optional) If you wish to create additional tokens, please enter a name in the textbox on the right-hand side and click Generate new token.
- (Optional) If you want to limit the API access to certain IPs, please scroll down to the bottom of the page, and on the right-hand side enter an IP address in the textbox on the right-hand side, and click Whitelist IP.
You can check out our API documentation at name.com/api-docs.
If you need support please fill out our API support form.