PROVISIONS SPECIFIC TO .SCOT REGISTRATIONS
DotSCOT Registry LTD (“Registry Operator”) is the registry operator for the .SCOT TLD.
Acceptance of Registry Policies. You agree to adhere and comply with the Registry Policies.
Indemnification. You acknowledge and agree that (i) you are fully responsible for the registration and use of the registered domain name; and that (ii) you shall indemnify, to the maximum extent permitted by law, defend and hold harmless Registry Operator, Registry Operator’s service providers, as well as Registry Operator’s directors, officers, and employees, and agents from and against any claim, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses arising out of or relating to your domain name registration and/or use.
Reservation of Rights. You agree that Registry Operator and Registry Operator service providers acting on behalf of Registry Operator reserve the right to change the status of the domain name during the resolution of a dispute or a compliance procedure (e.g. put on hold, lock), as well as to deny, modify, cancel. or transfer any registration that it deems necessary, in its sole discretion, in order to:
- protect the integrity, security, and stability of the registry system;
- comply with all appropriate laws, government rules or requirements, requests of law enforcement or any other relevant authority, or in compliance with any dispute resolution process;
- avoid any liability of Registry Operator, its affiliates, members, subsidiaries, officers, directors, and employees;
- stop or prevent any violations of any terms and conditions of this Agreement;
- correct mistakes made by Registry, Registry service providers or any registrar in relation to a domain name registration; and
- ensure compliance with ICANN and/or Registry Policies.
Data Update. You agree to immediately correct and update the registration information for the registered name during the registration term.
Registry as Third-Party Beneficiary. Registry Operator is a third party beneficiary of the Agreement. You acknowledge that Registry Operator is entitled to enforce its rights vested by the Agreement. The rights vested in Registry Operator as beneficiary of the Agreement shall survive the termination or expiration of the Agreement.
2 Character Second-Level Domains. Where a second-level domain (i.e., the characters to the left of the dot preceding the gTLD) corresponds with a 2 character ccTLD, you have an obligation to take reasonably necessary measures to avoid confusion with the corresponding ccTLD.